Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hoarders, Horkers & Hairspray

hoarding

This is not my house, although it could be.  I have no idea what happened to me – unless compulsive cleaning skips a generation.  My mother was one of those people who could pass a “white glove” test.  Not me.  But in my defense my mother never had to live with my hubalump who does not prescribe to the theory “a place for all things.”  He believes everything should be in plain sight, therefore the chances of him finding something are greatly magnified.

owls

I am currently obsessed with “watching” and I use the term loosely a little thing on Ustream called The Owl Box.  I keep it up on one of my computer monitors practically all the time.  I’m not sure why because I am learning that owls don’t particularly do anything in a hurry.  Mostly they stand around on one leg sleeping.  Hmmmm…..this also reminds me of someone I know.  There are others similarly intrigued by The Owl Box, however, they are hoping to see the owls “hork.”  Reallllllly?  I’m having a bit of a difficult time understanding why you want to see an owl lose the remains of its vermin dinner.  Even more confused that people like to dissect those “tosses.”  Thanks A LOT – GG for bringing me to this particular interest.  You know who you are……and something tells me you are enjoying my new found compulsion.

hairspray

There was a time when I could use about a can of this stuff every day.  My granddaughters have even remarked on my high school years' photos “Wow, that is some TEXAS hair!”  Thankfully, I no longer use this particular product -  now I use something that costs about 5 times as much and is labeled with a name that is synonymous with revving your car engine.  You might be able to take the girl out of Texas but you will never take the TEXAS out of the girl OR her hair.

No comments: