Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Daddy Was a Pistol–I’m a Son of a Gun…..

3890bullets

In the “you have got to be freaking kidding me” department this morning is a news story I heard.  Seems that people are still trying to re- invent the wheel as it were.

Have you been wondering what to do with your earthly remains?  Kicking around the whole traditional burying/cremation/cryogenically frozen dilemma?  Well, you will be happy to know there is a brand new alternative out there for us all.

Now you can do a combo farewell.  It seems that you can have your ashes sent to a company who will make your dust into bullets.  And what is this company called you ask?  Why, “Holy Smokes” – I answer.

I’m sorry,  but this really sends my mind whirling off in so many inappropriate directions that I won’t even offer you insight into most of them.

The big question for me here is this…….after living your life as an ordinary person,  you wish to become an instrument of death?  And, if you are used to kill someone, can your heirs be sued as accessories to murder?  That’s a nice legacy to leave behind don’t you think.

Or, let’s say – some hunter bags a trophy buck with you – does your name appear on the plaque along with the date of this momentous event.  Or perhaps they can hang your photograph next to the disembodied head hanging in the den.

I told you that my mind goes to strange and bizarre countries with this – you were warned.  So, if you have trouble dealing…..let me give you a bullet to bite on.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Now that's a concept I would not have thought of... So, how much does it cost? :)

Anonymous said...

Methinks you are overthinking that one. Being a hunter and living with the world's most devoted hunter, I just thought that would be kinda a fun thing. You could take those bullets and shoot them off in random areas that meant something to you during your life (within reason and safety regulations, of course). For instance, I'd have my "bullets" shot off over the ranch I was raised on, the places we've been hunting since I married Mike, over the property we've owned . . . Just a weird little memorial. But then again . . . there ARE a few people I'd like to "bequeath" those bullest to! LOL (Can't figure out how to sign my name this morning -- so . . . signing off from DeNise Koetting in Texas!)