Sunday, September 2, 2012

Which Way Did They Go?

$(KGrHqN,!isE 2G8c0epBQP-ikUemw~~60_57

Where did they go? Those pitchmen of the past? You know Speedy Alka Seltzer, the Frito Bandito, the Hamm's Beer Bear and associated drumming, the Ipana toothpaste beaver and little Mikey? Granted some of these characters may still be around in a newer and modernized form, but I miss the old ones.

That Hamm's Beer commercial could bring me running to watch the woodland creatures and sing along...."from the land of sky blue waters....." - maybe that's why they are no more. They sure made Hamm's beer seem awfully attractive.

And I confess to a mild addiction to Alka-Seltzer as a young child. We couldn't afford Fizzies but mom always had Alka-Seltzer tucked away in the medicine cabinet.

I'm sure the Frito Bandio must have offended a rapidly growing culture, but I would have run away with him in a second. **shut up Judy...I know what you are thinking**

Those sparkling little "toofers" on Bucky Beaver made me want to brush in the hopes that little **ping** of sparkle would show up on my enamel as well.

And...of course...I realize little Mikey had to grow up - but I'd be willing to bet Big Mikey will still eat anything, hopefully he is currently gainfully employed by Pillsbury.

I grew up too and even though he is not still around, I've never forgotten the Italian Swiss Colony little old winemaker. His could have been the product I most enjoy endorsing today. That and Yo Quiero Taco Bell.

1 comment:

Pura Vida said...

my dear, you must be from Texas