Sunday, August 12, 2012

Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmmmm

valueshopper

Today I went grocery shopping.  Which…..is traumatic for me at best.  I cannot believe how much things are and how it makes my wallet scream to just purchase the essentials…..like cookies (oh gosh – did I say that out loud)….I meant laundry soap.  Yes, that’s it, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

I had a pretty full basket and was about 3rd in line and the whole time I’m in line I can hear a guy talking in the aisle over – I can’t see him but I can hear him.  He is “dickering” over the price of everything, saying “oh, just put that back, I don’t need that.”  And I am already feeling badly for him.  Because I can’t see him, I realize he is using one of the stores’ motorized baskets.

How sad.

As my groceries are being rung up, he is finishing up and heading out. 

My attention goes back to my own business.  However, as I am headed through the parking lot with my cart, I observe the fellow sprinting to the back of the parking lot.

Okay……..I’m still not incensed………………………..until…………………………….

He arrives at his mode of conveyance.  A massive “hog” of a motorcycle complete with saddle bags and every other tricked out feature you can find.

He props his foot up on the saddle and tightens the laces of his boots, walks all around the bike securing his groceries in their proper places, jumps on, kicks that puppy into roaring life and speeds off.

So…………….obviously he could have walked through the store “pushing” a cart like I did, I guess he just can’t stand to be without a motor and wheels for any length of time.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you from a mutual friends blog today, its so nice to meet you, this story made me laugh, have a wonderrful day!