Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lesson From a Goose


Today I saw a lone goose winging through the sky....flyin' low - honking like crazy. I wonder.....is lone goose lost? Has goose stayed too long at the fair, slept through the alarm, thought he was smarter than all the other geese? Or was his GPS system simply on the fritz?
As we know, my mind is a strange, vast and multi-colored weird little country. And, because of all my skewed way of viewing the world around me, I started to think how much like the goose I am.
Sometimes my GPS is all out of whack. But, not my GLOBAL positioning system, my GODLY positioning system. I forget that my hand is not on the rudder, I am merely holding down a seat and sometimes looking frantically around for the life jacket I'm SURE I'm going to need. Oh and then there are the times I am clutching a bucket ready to "bail" at the slightly provocation.
I am so keyed up, tensed up, worried and stressed that I eventually just black out. And when I wake up, the seas have calmed, there's no water in the boat and I am still not in charge. And even though I can see the choppy seas ahead, the rocks along the shore and the storm clouds building on the horizon - there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Left to my own GPS I will fly into the storm, allow myself to be buffeted by the waves or.... worse - crash my frail little craft on the rocks.
Hopefully, I can learn that I don't need to constantly be unconscious for the calming - I would really love to be fully aware when the miraculous and marvelous work of the Great Harbor Master is in progress.
And....isn't God amazing?! Just as I was about to finish this.......I received news that took a huge burden from my shoulders. Never, ever, ever, never underestimate the power of praying with like minded people and a daily devotional.

3 comments:

Pura Vida said...

keep your compass headed north my friend!

justpassingthrough said...

Love that, LK! And so needed to hear it myself today. Thanks for posting! Glad you got a burden lifted. Love you MUCHLY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

amen!