Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mom and Her Amazing Technicolor Atomic Time Piece


A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I took a trip to see my mother.
The days seemed to stretch on and on with no end in sight and then suddenly the day would be done and we would sleep and prepare for the next endless day.
One day I noticed all the clocks were wrong in mom's house. Each one reflecting a different time and sometimes a different date. So, I asked my mother "mom, why are all your clocks telling a different time." She replied that someone else usually set them for her after the time changed and he had not come to do that yet and she had "tried" to reset them and couldn't figure it out. Apparently, once she began she lost track of what the right time was and therefore the clocks just got all out of whack.
In the course of this amusing conversation she revealed she had at least been successful in figuring out how to try to set most of them even if they were wrong, but one clock had managed to foil her every attempt.
She went into the bedroom and brought out a silver desk type clock made by Sharper Image. She handed it to me and said "here, see if you can figure this one out."
Turns out, the clock she was trying to set knew better. It was an atomic clock that ALWAYS....I repeat.....ALWAYS....reflects the right time.
Mom and I both had a pretty good laugh about it and she agreed if she ever really needed to know what time it was she would seek out the "smart clock."

1 comment:

Pura Vida said...

Funny. Sweet that you visit her. And laugh.