Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zip It–Nip It

th_picture2life_04944_originallipssscc

One of the hardest things in the world for me is holding my tongue.  I literally have had to hold it between 2 fingers before to keep it from wagging me into trouble.

It is said we have only 1 mouth and 2 ears for a reason.  We should listen twice as much as we talk. But what about situations where you know for certain no one is listening at.all.

Are you still duty bound to zip your lips and keep silent?  And what about the times you have patiently and kindly asked with a much love as you can muster for someone to either A: please do something or B: please stop doing something?  When it becomes obvious that they simply are not complying to your request out of just plain old pig headedness – can’t we let ‘er rip then?

One of my friends has recently said she has volume control issues and that she too finds the battle to gain dominance over her tongue is ongoing.  One thing I know for sure is that I am NOT an ultimatum type person.  I will try to the best of my ability to lovingly make you listen but when my attempts continue to fall on deaf ears – eventually…..I. GIVE.  UP.

You won’t like me when I’ve given up because at that point I don’t guild the lily at all.  And once I’ve given up – I don’t go back.  In the meantime – I will seriously give holding my tongue a real college try if you will try opening your ear canals a little more.  Also, it would help if you didn’t get offended by everything I do say.

No comments: