Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trapped…….Like Rats!

road-closed-sign

Thursday night’s torrential rain storm brought about a few challenges.  I live in a horseshoe shaped housing addition which yields 2 exit points.  There is also a twisty, curvy back outlet that is only advantageous if you are going a certain direction.

Big winds snapped off highline poles like toothpicks along the road that leads into our addition.  The electric company is out there at work (bless their souls) on a Saturday righting the situation and improving the poles with metal instead of wood.

However, they have now sealed off all but one avenue of escape from my house.  The only direction I can go is south!  Sometimes I don’t want to go south, sometimes I would prefer to go north.  Particularly since I am currently boycotting the grocery store south of me for selling me rancid fish.

Now, what used to be a 10 minute jaunt to the Dollar Store for a needed supply involves at least 45 minutes of backtracking, circling and finding alternative routes.

I’ve finally found a reason why I should have a GPS in my car – I can no longer find my way to the Dollar Store on my own.

No comments: