Saturday, August 22, 2009

No more wasting away in Margaritaville!

One of the little pleasures in life for me has been to occasionally enjoy a Margarita on a Friday night after a difficult week. I've never had an alcohol problem (thank goodness!) If someone told me that I could never have another "adult" beverage I wouldn't be overly concerned. But it was nice to go to dinner with my husband and have a little "drinky poo."
That being said, the last 2 times I have enjoyed my Friday night indulgence I have woke up in the wee hours of the morning with a "splitting" headache. And I mean the kind that blinds you and makes you want to beat your head against the corner of the wall.
Now given the fact that I suffer from insomnia, anything that robs me of even a moments sleep is not to be tolerated. Therefore, Jimmy Buffet is going to have to "waste away" by himself. Maybe I can be a "cheeseburger in paradise" if I give up the alcoholic beverages. Maybe I can order Shirley Temples again like I had to when I was too young to drink.

No comments: