Saturday, August 22, 2009

Girls Day Out

Today I spent the day with the Edwards girls today. We were invited to breakfast and we all enjoyed a great breakfast at Village Inn. Their Rio Grande Omelette is fantastic. The littles had their yearbooks from Christ the King school and they enjoyed looking over their pictures and reliving last year's school year. Both of the girls were so good at breakfast.
Then after breakfast we went to the cell phone store. Both Roger and Kaylee had cell phone issues to discuss so that worked out well. Then we had to explain to Genevieve why she couldn't have a cell phone at 7. We told her she wouldn't have anyone to call because no one her age had a cell phone yet. She also exhibited some interest in obtaining a motorcycle.
We came home and dropped Pawpaw off and then "just us girls" went to get our fingernails and toenails "done." The girls got honest to goodness spa pedicures complete with foot soaking and creative nail art. I got my nails done which was a huge relief to me since it had been since before I went to Texas. My fingernails aren't a big issue with me but my toes are practically impossible to do myself anymore. If I can manage to get my foot up high enough to reach my toes, I can't see what I'm doing to paint them.
I actually got desperate enough once to let Roger paint them for me. My toes looked like kitchen matches when he finished. Not only did he paint the nails, he painted all the skin around them as well. And can someone explain to me how a man with a construction/carpentry background who has house painters in his family doesn't comprehend painting WITH the grain on toenails. Bless his bones for trying though. He did say that it was MUCH more difficult than he expected it to be.
It was a great day and I enjoyed my girls so much today. I am a pretty happy mama right now since I have gotten to see MY girl so much this weekend.
I have a date with my BFF Judy Tuesday night. We are going to dinner and to see "The Time Traveler's Wife." We always try to take in a "chick flick" that we know we won't be able to talk our dear husbands into seeing with us. And we always pick movies that....A: Make us laugh so much we are in danger of being tossed from the theater.....or.....B: Bawl like babies and go home with red eyes and snotty noses.
Love my gals - friends and family alike.

No comments: