Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Would you like fries with that?

The Daily Rant.........people on drive through intercoms.
Here is a typical conversation at any fast food drive through.
Yes, I'd like a # 3 with (do you want fries with that?)
No, tater tots and a (mustard or mayonnaise?)
Mustard and could you please hold the (and what would you like to drink?)
Um, diet coke and please hold the (do you want to supersize that?)
No, but hold the (okay I have a #6 supersized with fries and a mountain dew will there be anything else?)
Yes, I wasn't through with my order
(what else can I get for you?)
Well, first of all you didn't get the first order right and... (okay that will be 8.49 drive to the second window please)
I'm sure I'm not the only person this happens to. It drives me crazy that people on those intercoms can't just hold onto their fingers for one moment and all their little questions would be answered eliminating the need to interrupt me at every single breath.
I've gotten to the point now where when they interrupt me the first time, I just shut up and don't say anything. Eventually, they will ask me a question that I can answer with, "If you will please not interrupt me I will give you my entire order and then you can ask questions if it isn't clear." At which point I am relatively sure they make a point to spit in my food, but I am trying to make a point here.
Done with the rant!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I know!! I am typically a VERY precise orderer and dont need to be interrupted. Maybe they are used to people who are inferior to us in the ordering department.
Also, what gets on my nerves is when I call customer service for (example) AT&T and they spend a good 2 minutes telling me how much they appreciate me as a customer, have a great day, is there anything else I need, once again thank you for being a valued customer....it goes on and on..I want to scream "I've been on hold for 10 freakin minutes! I dont care to be on the phone for a second longer than I have to be!"