Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Importance of Being Ernest

Yesterday the funniest thing happened and I just had to share. Widespread power outages left Roger and I incapable of doing anything at home, so we decided to run a few errands. Post office, get gas, those kinds of things.
On our way home, Roger was teasing me about purchasing him some cigarettes and I told him I would (under protest) if he would buy me a candybar and a coke. He agreed and we stopped at a convenience store. He went inside and was unable to decide between a Butterfinger or a BabyRuth (both faves of mine.) Being torn he just picked them both up and went to the cash register to pay. There was a little Korean lady working behind the counter and she rang up his purchases and then asked "Do you want a sack?" He said "Yes I probably should put them in a sack." She nodded her head seriously and stated "That way no one knows how much candy you bought."
Honestly, he came out to the truck and told me and I almost died laughing. Finally I was able to tell him he should have said "Oh, those are for my wife, she's much fatter than I am."
This was good for a lighthearted ride home. It's a good thing neither of us are sensitive since our grandkids are convinced that we are Santa and Mrs. Claus on holiday from the North Pole.
Thought you might enjoy - and have a chuckle at our expense.

1 comment:

Donna said...

funny, I would want both also