Saturday, April 21, 2012

If Wishes Were Horses–Beggars Would Ride

wishes

There are times (and this is one of them) I WISH I could turn back the clock, or better still flip the calendar page back 2 weeks.  With the clarity of pre-cognition I would change much.  I WISH I could.

I WISH I could take some things and hold them still so the inevitable would never happen.  I WISH I could speak wisely and say “look out for the gopher hole – you will not recover from stepping in that one.”

If wishes were horses this beggar would try valiantly to ride to the rescue.  But they aren’t and I can’t.  So the beggar will sit by the side of the road and watch the impending train wreck and pray there are no casualties, that somehow the switching station will operate correctly and the train will NOT jump the track.

No comments: