Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let's Give 'Em Something To Blog About

Have you ever wondered where people come up with the things they Blog about? Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my blog is the "Dear Diary" of my "declining" years. At some point, someone may look back and read this and have some clarity on where my mind was - or wasn't as the case may be.
I have friends who use their Blogs as online scrapbooks for their little ones and I think that is a great idea. An online scrapbook is at least safe from crayons and scissors - something that paper scrapbooks seem to fall victim to.
I also enjoy those Blogs that people have created from the "weird" way the world works. One of my favorites is one called "Cake Wrecks" if you've never seen this one and are in need of a "wet your pants" laughing spell, check it out.
One person Blogged about loose change they found and kept a running tally of the amount of change that was just laying about forgotten. I tried this for a while until I found out that my husband was raiding my change can for cigarette money.
I followed with great interest a blog by a sweet little mother whose newborn was in NICU for a long time. She was a great inspiration to me with her unfailing faith that God would bring her child home to her, healthy and happy. And he did. That baby is now about to be a big sister and her mother still is a living breathing testimonial about how God can and will bless us if we lay our burdens at his feet and wait for his blessings.
A precious young friend of mine has developed a blog about style and is taking her flair for fashion into the arena of personal shopping. This girl has been stylish since her high school days and no one is better suited to help the unfashionable become style worthy.
I would challenge you to Blog. It is a great way to vent your feelings and opinions. And, you may develop a readership. My blogging lead to a weekly column in an online newspaper. People don't have to read, but often they do. You may offend someone but heck I offend people everyday without even trying, so......
A new year approaches and with it new challenges and new opportunities. Find something in your life that you would like to chronicle and track it for a year. You don't have to write everyday, but chances are you will become pretty dedicated to recording the progress or lack of. There are huge areas outside your front window. The seasons change, and so do we. Write about it - writing is cathartic. It gets it "out there" - and don't be afraid to write about the things that hurt. Having problems and difficulties are not symptomatic of a lack of faith - remember Job? One thing I can promise you - if you write about your problems I will never make you feel bad that you are not faithful enough. I will try to reassure you, encourage you AND pray for you.
So come Blog with me......it is good for the spirit!
Peace my friends!

No comments: