Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Scut Farkus Had Yellow Eyes!


Funny how random conversations can spur memories you had managed to squash way down under several layers of guilt and shame.

Working with a web developer today (shout out to my good friend C) via Skype I mentioned I owed him many beverages of choice. Several selections were mentioned and then the “T” word broke through. You know that stuff named Jose who proclaims to be a friend of mine and contains a nasty little critter with no legs?

I suddenly remembered a really fun evening spent in the company of really good friends who always had my back and my best interests at heart. Well……except when it came to that “T” stuff. I was pranked, I was punk’d and eventually.....well....drunked.

I felt FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. Yes.I.Did.

Untillllllllllll..................the next day. I woke up thinking I'd been on the horn end of a charging rhino. Feeling my way to the bathroom with one hand, clutching my pounding head with the other, I reassured myself with the fact that I was, at least, still alive.

Lifting my eyes to the bathroom mirror, I saw a strange yellow deranged thing looking back at me. Yes, it's true........my eyes were yellow. Blue and yellow is kind of a nice combo in a country kitchen curtain, but one does not want to be on the inside looking out of yellow eyes.

And as if that were not bad enough, I learned the next day I had to be physically restrained from leaving to board a plane and going to Chicago (this was waaaaaaaay before 9-11, when one could have those impulses in flying). Oddly enough........I don't know anyone in Chicago and I can't imagine why I wanted to go there. I blame Scut Farkus and his evil yellow eyes.

No comments: