Friday, February 10, 2012

Of “Corset” Is…….Not!

Corset_Harpers_Bezar1882l

OR SUCK IT UP AND SUCK IT IN!

So……being addicted to all things Yahoo and a devoted follower of their news feeds on my home page, I often find blog worthy items.

The latest was a model who has a waistline that is 5” bigger around than a CD.  This girl is very wide through her pelvis and a waistline that small coupled with twig like legs makes her look alien.

But I was intrigued so I looked further.  She isn’t alone.  There are women who have had their ribs removed and then stayed corseted up in order to achieve that hourglass shape.  One woman’s husband hated her appearance so much she finally resorted to a corset to try to look better.   Once he saw how good she looked after lacing herself into that instrument of torture, he convinced her to wear it night and day.  And so she did…for decades.

I realize some of us (me) have gone just a tad to the other extreme, but really…..

I can remember when girls like Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth made the guys hearts go pitty-pat and those gals had some curves….lots of them.  In spite of their beauty they seemed approachable.  These trussed up corseted victims look like they could snap at the waist in a high wind.  And where, pray tell, are all the internal organs that are supposed to be where there is no room to be.  They are pushed up and squashed down in areas they don’t belong.

I’m sad these women will never know what it feels like to truly be comfortable, to breathe and relax.  What a pity they never learned to be comfortable in their own skin.

4 comments:

kelly said...

I am all for the soft womanly shape! I even flaunt one of my own. I did literally LAUGH MY BUTT OFF when the ad on your page was a buy one get one for corsets hehehehehehehe! sigh....too funny.
Embrace your curvy goddess-ness!

Daniel said...

They look tortured and very ill.
Nothing and no one is worth doing that to your self !

LKB said...

Kelly - that is the problem with monetizing your blog. It grabs a key word and drops in an ad for the very thing you are railing against. I keep hoping that some day I will have enough faithful readers, the blog might make the $5.00. :)

Pura Vida said...

Ouch