Sunday, July 12, 2009

Puppy Withdrawal



I knew it would happen the moment I agreed to go to Hazen and pick up Genevieve's puppy. I knew I would fall in love and no matter what I would want to keep it. One has to wonder what it is inside me that makes me crave to have dogs everywhere. Do I just not like people as much as I should. Do I need to be needed by something small and helpless. Or am I just simply touched in the head and in need of serious mental work.
But, take a look at that baby and tell me you wouldn't want to hide him under your bed and never let him go. He is the most precious of the precious. He was with me for 24 hours and he never had one accident in the house. Of course he is so tiny I was in danger of losing him in the grass a time of two but he piddled and pooped in the yard like a good boy. He did raise quite a racket last night. I didn't hear it - Roger got to do the 11 to 7 duty with him.
Genevieve is smitten - I believe she has already taken him swimming. **Side to puppy - you're going to have be a tough little customer.
Audrey told me today "I knew mommy & daddy were getting Genevieve a dog." "How did you know that?" I asked. "I knew it in my mind." was her reply. She came up to me and threw her little arms around me and said "Oh, meemaw thank you so much!" I told her the pup was a gift from her parents all we did was go pick him up. But that didn't matter to Audrey she was just thrilled that G got the dog she had been dreaming of.
We all love him big time and his new name is Charly.

No comments: