Wednesday, July 11, 2012

You Can't Make Me........or can't you?


You can lead a horse to the river but you can't hold his head under water. Seriously, have you ever tried to help someone who desperately needed help while they were fighting against you like crazy.

I get a little weary of the excuses "well, it's not as easy as it sounds." "I'm just a weak person therefore I can't..............." "You don't have any idea what its' like." And my all time favorite "well, this just isn't about YOU."

Really? I'm pretty freaking sure if it affects me positively OR negatively I have the right to be figured into that equation somewhere. I'm not asking that it ALL be about me, but at least do me the courtesy of acknowledging that what you do does have an impact on MY life as well as your own.

Believe me, there is no one on earth more aware of where I really stand with a lot of people than I am - so I'm relatively sure I'm not the one making it all about ME.

Perhaps I'm not the one who is acting self centered, but I can assure you that eventually I will be the one who is acting unconcerned and that is not a happy place to be. At that point I can most definitely state that it WILL indeed be about me, and what I need for a change and what I want for a change and where I stand for a change and just where that line in the sand is that I refuse to step over even one more time.

I'm funny that way. I'm like a pan of bread. Once I'm done....I'm done. All that can happen by keeping up the heat is to make me burn.

No comments: