Saturday, February 19, 2011

Oooo Oooo Sweet Nuthins

Today is my anniversary. Roger and I have almost made the 2 decade mark. Yes, I do realize I'm old enough to have been married much longer, but this princess had to kiss a lot of toads to find the handsome prince.

This is a difficult time for us right now and we certainly don't know what the future holds other than we know it holds us together.

Given so many variables like age, weight, health, the need of a good haircut and some general maintenance on my entire person I quit "fishing" for compliments a long long time ago. However, this morning I remarked that my head looked like a dandelion that had gone to seed and was about to "blow."

Roger looked at me and said "I think it looks good." To which I laughed and reassured him I WAS NOT cooking today so he didn't need to tell me pretty stories.

My husband, who does not profess to be a poet said "You are always beautiful to me, I see you with my heart." This is why I kept trying after failing? He's a keeper and I love him.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I'm happy you found a keeper. My best to you and Roger always. Love
all your postings and love you lots
too.

Pete said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Rachel Anderson said...

sometimes the things we need most are those around us for free. love you!

bettysue said...

Awe, how tender! I missed the day, but hope it was peaceful! I love the part about toads and prince's, you did good! I too have a prince, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me! I'm glad you have that too!