Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'll Have The Chicken With A Side Order of Popcorn Please

Okay, so today I went to Atwoods Farm and Ranch Supply to give them roughly $100.00 of my money. It was stock up on dog food day at the Casa de Beshears. Just as I have done a hundred times before I took one of my dogs with me. They have always been welcome in Atwoods. This time I took Cooper since he was in need of something green to wear in the St. Paddy's Day Parade.
I entered the store with Cooper sitting on my purse in the baby seat of the basket. Passed by water tanks full of rabbits, ducks and baby chicks and ALMOST made it to the dog food area when I was stopped by one of the associates and told that my dog could not come in their store. I inquired as to why since they had always been allowed before. He explained to me that the health department had told them they could not have animals in the store because they served food. Food? Yes, ma'am we have popcorn and therefore we cannot allow animals in our store. Well, what about the "livestock" you have in the store for sale? Well they are in contained areas. Okay, I will be happy to give all my business to Petco in the future and I'm sure they'll be happy to get it. I gathered my "offensive" dog and headed for the store exit. On my way out I observed some adolescent girls who had been stroking and handling the rabbits and chicks serving themselves some popcorn. Hmmmmm - And stay out of the Atwoods - (I wonder if that means just that store or all of them) **apologies to O Brother Where Art Thou**

1 comment:

debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

don't you just love it when rules change and you have not clue!!