Friday, January 4, 2013

Say My Name…Say My Name

aspens

If you’ve ever been in an area full of Aspen trees – you know that when the wind blows, they sound like they are whispering.

It is kind of like a religious experience.  Like they are telling all the secrets of the forest on the wind knowing it will soon reach God’s ears.

In the New Year – I didn’t make resolutions…I decided to develop habits.  But I wanted those habits to involve someone other than myself.  And so, I decided that every day I would choose one person among my acquaintances (sometimes family, sometimes friends and sometimes just someone I barely know.) 

And, in choosing this person I commit myself to whispering their name in the wind to God and asking for Him to attend to their needs as only He knows and to bless them with his favor not just that day but for all the days to follow.

These people don’t know they are chosen, which makes it even more gratifying to me.  Particularly when the person I have chosen has not been particularly kind or gracious to me.  It helps me realize there is a need for them to be my focus and it helps me to know I am trying to put them in wind with God and sincerely hope He brings them divine favor.

Soooo, if sometime in the year, you think you hear your own name in the wind, I am praying for you to have everything your heart desires and maybe, just maybe…you will say my name as well.

Peace and contentment to you all.

1 comment:

justpassingthrough said...

Excellent! Gonna try to commit to that myself! Love it! Love YOU more!!!!