Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bless The Beasts & The Children


It has taken me this long to decide I want to have my say on the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook.

First of all, I want to express my most humble gratitude to God that I only had to be touched by this from a distance. It is all too feasible that this could, and now we realize, CAN happen to any of us. There is no safe haven except in the arms of our Heavenly Father.

Secondly, I know I will never again take any encounter with someone I love for granted for truly THAT time could very well be the LAST time I have with them and for my own peace of mind I want to know I will have left them with the firm assurance they were loved by me, completely.

Violence of this degree can only be laid at the feet of one thing. It isn't a weapon, it isn't a sickness. It is EVIL. And evil is a very real presence in our world today. The more we turn from the values and morals that make us a kinder and more compassionate people, the more ground we yield to the encroaching evil.

I am not a fan of guns, but I know in my heart of hearts there is a need for them. Assault type weapons for private citizens, no. And please, before you try to talk me out of this, remember this is MY opinion and I get to have it just as you do yours. But while a gun is often used to create mayhem, we need to remember, a gun has to be in the hands of someone to be dangerous.

And a dangerous, evil person bent on destruction will use any method they can find. McVeigh used fertilizer, terrorists used airplanes, some will use knives, poison or merely just torture until their desired end result is achieved. Right here where I live, there was man so overcome with evil intent, he chased his ex-wife down with his car, and when she stopped, he stabbed her to death on a busy street corner in the middle of the day while her sister in the passenger seat watched the murder of someone she loved.

My point in this post is that we cannot remove evil from our world by removing guns. Basically because, those who are truly possessed by evil will always have a weapon, and it will most likely be a gun. All we will accomplish is to effectively disarm evil's potential victims rendering them powerless to fight back.

Delusional people think removing guns will make us all safer, but it will not. For the evil will find a way to arm its minions and the destruction will be great. And we, as a society will be judged by how well we teach, love, and protect the smallest, helpless and most vulnerable of our kind.

"Bless the beasts and children, for in this world they have no voice...they have no choice"

Speak people and don't stop. Push back against the mildewed rot of evil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that one!! Im right with you! If someone wants to commit evil acts, they will do it with whatever they have near, whether that be a gun, a knife, a plane, or even their own hands... look at the child abuse/assault/ sex offenders :( -nikki guertin