Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Crumbs in Your Keyboard?

As I sat down today to try to bring some order to my desk, I happened to look............really look

at my keyboard.  Well, that was eye opening to say the least.  I'm pretty careful around my computer, try to keep liquids and other damaging things away but that keyboard told a different story.

Honestly, it looked like I not only used it as a dinner plate, but might have done my hair and groomed a dog using it as a base of operation as well.

That.Drove.Me.Crazy!

I'm oddly okay with the fact that some of the letters are worn off.  After all, I'm a student of Mrs. D and touch typing was mastered many decades ago.  But.....those crumbs...all that "stuff"!!

I was on a mission now.

I would remove all the random "yuckiness" from my keyboard.
I assembled my tools: 

(I hope you can read the caption on that photo)

I had quite a bit of success and feel a lot better about myself in general but the best part was what I discovered while I was in the process of just a little random clean out of my keyboard.
There on the back of my keyboard, never noticed before were two USB ports!  I have not yet been brave enough to face the potential disappointment that they don't work.  I am simply celebrating the fact that they are there and they just MIGHT work!

Someone very wise told me yesterday to always look for the blessing and the lesson in all things.  So here is the blessing in this for me.  If these ports, previously unknown to me, actually work I can free up some very tight cables from the back of my computer tower.

And the lesson?  The lesson is:  "sometimes when you take a moment to clear up some icky nasty stuff in your life,  you find a hidden blessing."

AND CLEAN OUT YOUR KEYBOARD!


No comments: