Sunday, March 3, 2013

This is a stick-up, I mean a pop-up, no it’s a pop tart…..art.

shocked

OR.............Take me to your toaster!!!
Where can a person move to where people still have a teensy bit of common sense?  Please….anywhere?  Somewhere a 7 year old doesn’t get suspended from school for nibbling his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun?  Anyone?

Let’s totally ignore the fact he was trying to nibble a mountain and it just wasn’t working out.  But when he looked at it, he decided it looked like a gun……”kinda”.  According to the kid his teacher was pretty mad and he thought he was in BIG trouble.

Can we seriously get a grip people?  Do we think at some point this kid is going to hi-jack an airliner, demand 1 billion Hershey bars and insist on being flown to Willy Wonka Land?  It’s a pop tart for crying out loud.  Of course we need to not study on that fact too long or someone will have his parents up on charges for not sending him to school with a carrot and a tub of tofu.

According to news reports, children have been suspended for lobbing imaginary grenades into the playground sandbox or threatening to shoot someone with the bubbles from their Hello Kitty bubble gun.

For most of my childhood I always had a gun on hand – my right hand usually.  I worked hard to perfect my shooting sound (the boys were always so much better at it than I was) which was probably why I always had to be the outlaws “woman” instead of an outlaw.

I begged for months for a B B gun because the boys next door had them and I wanted to ride my bike (horse) and shoot at dirt clods and telephone poles.  Sadly, I never got one, having a mother who was not THAT evolved.

In high school every pickup in the parking lot sported a gun rack and every gun rack – a gun.  And yet, here I sit at the ripe old age of 63 telling you no one ever dreamed of shooting up the school.  Maybe part of this was due to the fact we didn’t sit at home and play video games all day, we played cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, and Army OUTSIDE until it was too dark to play out there any more.

Geeeez Louise, this whole thing really gets my knickers in a knot.  I thought I had it bad when my son’s 4th grade teacher called me to ask me to beat him senseless when he got home because he spit in his beans at lunch.  I was pretty undone over this, I’m supposed to punish him 3 1/2 hours AFTER the crime?  Lady, jerk his young Asterisk up off that lunchroom chair and give him a good old fashioned butt beating!

All I can say is it is a good thing the kid didn’t nibble the image of Jesus in his poptart or he’d be headed to Kinderprison right now.   **Facepalm**

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story irritated me to no end!!! Especially considering my twin girls, you know them, got into trouble a few months ago at school for playing "Army" (they were jumping around yelling "AIRBORNE!"). The teacher, principal, and counselor called and advised that I should instruct them not to play games like this in such a sensitive time in our country! Uhmm.. HELLO?! They are 5 years old, live on an Army Base, and three of their four parents have at one time or another, been a soldier in the Great Ole United States Army!!! Never understood how they could get into trouble for playing a game that comes naturally to them, since they are ARMY brats!! Its not like they were playing "Terrorist" or something! Sheesh!

LKB said...

I appreciate you commenting. Sometimes it is nice to know I'm not the only person in the world with such weird ideas!